Thursday, September 29, 2011

Last night

 Went out last night and had a good time with some friends i haven't gotten to really hang out with in awhile. Overall I'm a little bored. Now that I'm done with school, every time I work I keep thinking .....I wish I was working on a wind tower right now.... but alas I am not. I'm not too worried, soon enough I will be on a tower  enjoying my job. I've only been out of school for a month now. I've got A LOT of resumes out right now and have all my fingers and toes crossed for a shout out soon. My grades, attendance, work history, education, .....everything supports my career choice right now. I just need a new job.
   My whole reason for initiating this chain of events, was a conversation that Gloria had with one of her clients. She is married to a Siemens Travelling Wind Technician with three children and couldn't be happier? He couldn't be happier with his job either. It turns out the more people I speak to in the wind industry the more I find that they are for the most part extremely happy with there jobs and their employers. It shouldn't be a shock, I suppose, but every person I've ever talked to at least has some discontent or would rather complain about there job than praise it. I knew I wanted in. I found out what school he had gone to and enrolled within the week. I started class October 22nd, 2010.
  A year later I have gone through quite a bit. I have put myself in a position to sell my house and my possessions, detach from everything that is keeping me here in Ohio, more or less. Preparing to leave and travel and work. I don't plan on letting myself get in the way of my own success or happiness. I want everything to be putting me one step closer to my goal. Tony Wade, one of my instructors told me; "In this business you gotta be flexible, just remember Semper Gumby
   I was just reading a post on Twitter that I wrote back over the winter about getting bit by a dog. Awesome, one of the many reasons I need to look into a new career. I find that in the industry that I'm hoping to be a part of, it seems there are more methods of preventing injury. Right now, I got nothing. I walk on crazy roof pitches, climb chimneys, antenna towers, trees, and anything else without any form of prevention. Crazy. The more I work, the more I think about these things and worry about wrecking my body before I have a chance to do something great. Along with the fact that I have no health insurance...whole other story.

No comments: